Home is the place where one feels the sense of accomplishment, safety and comfort. It is the den where one wants to retire after a hard day’s work. It is the safety net, the warm blanket and shade for its residents. No matter how the atmosphere is outside, inside bedroom one would always want to feel relaxed, bright and happy. Sometimes however things go a bit astray and the homely atmosphere might get a bit turbulent.
Although it is totally up to the residents of the house to maintain its calm but there are certain other elements which can help too. One of such is ‘feng shui’ which is a Chinese system of geomancy. It believes in implementing the laws of both Heaven (Chinese astronomy) and Earth to help one improve life by receiving positive energy.
Feng shui is generally about the right position so that no obstruction is created for the circulation of positive energy. To facilitate the free flow of positive energy in the bedroom following tips should be adhered to:
- Electrical equipments such as TV, computer or exercise equipment should be avoided. Electromagnetic waves may interfere with the positive and blissful atmosphere needed in the bedroom. Electric equipment despite easing our lives always comes with caution. Therefore they are best avoided in the bedroom as they are said to destroy the good energy of the room. On the scientific side they may lead to some mishap which can cause damage to health.
- Bedroom should have good number of windows so that fresh air can have easy movement. Since, you spend about eight hours of your day and 1/3rd of your life sleeping, it’s imperative that you get fresh air all the time for maximum vitality.
- In lack of natural inlets, the room should have air-purifier of a good quality to keep the air fresh and full of oxygen. Any good quality air purifier suitable for your room size should be chosen.
- The room should be amply lighted and if possible various levels should be created for lights. Feng Shui stresses a lot on lighting which though obvious is neglected by many of us. Light has always been the source of energy therefore a well-lighted room uplifts our mood. In cases where natural light isn’t accessible, artificial lights in form of bulbs, tubes, candles can be used. The whole idea is to keep the room bright be it anyhow.
- Bedrooms should always have colors that are neutral and capable of inducing tranquility. Colors carry powerful meaning and implication with them. Therefore they should be selected carefully. Neutral hues best suit bedrooms. Also the furniture should complement the room rather than making it look odd.
- Images for the bedroom should be chosen carefully as they carry strong messages. No violent or scary photos or portraits should be hung. Images shouldn’t depict any negative energy.
- The bed should be easily approachable from both sides, have two bedside tables (one on each side) and not placed in a direct line with the door.
- During night all the doors present in the bedroom should be kept closed.
These tips are based on the natural and essential elements of life. The need to have good sized windows ensures that the room will be properly aerated and no suffocation will be felt. Fresh air is healthy and important for the well being of the residents.
These are few tips to keep the harmony maintained in the most important room of the house. Personal choices in décor might defer but few generalized tips which have certain logic shouldn’t be ignored as they will help in the long run.